The quality of drinking water can change or become contaminated with harmful bacteria at any time. Homes with water supplied from a well situated close to intensive dairy farms are particularly vulnerable to changes in water quality. Ground water and surface water can be impacted by large slurry producing dairy farms. Slurry seeping from a leaking slurry tank or from over-spreading on land can leach into groundwater and even small amounts of slurry can infect a water supply with bacteria miles from the original source.
Liam Chawke Electrical are agents for the Sterilight Cobalt UV Water Purifier, an integrated home UV system which is reliable, economical and a chemical-free way to safeguard drinking water in any residential application but particularly rural homes and farmhouses. The Sterilight Cobalt™ has been designed and tested to ensure safe quality drinking water straight from the tap. The point of entry (POE) integrated UV system comes complete with sediment filter and activated carbon filter. An ideal plug and play solution for UV water disinfection in your home
Sterilight Cobalt’s compact, point-of-entry water treatment system, combines both disinfection and filtration. These systems feature high-output UV lamps, axial flow reactor UV technology, simple installation, and take up the least amount of space compared to other UV systems. The system has a 1″ FNPT inlet connection and a unique combination port (3/4″ FNPT & 1″ MNPT) on the outlet connection. This compact unit incorporates Sterilight’s Cobalt™ disinfection system and two, Big Blue size (4-1/2″ Diameter) filter housings, all on the same installation bracket.
Features of the Sterilight Cobalt UV Purification System
- Inactivates chlorine-resistant parasites such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia.
- Kills harmful bacteria like E.Coli and viruses not visible to the naked eye.
- Easy UV lamp and cartridge replacement with quick disconnect fittings.
- The ultraviolet lamp (UV lamp) can be changed without interrupting the water flow
- Durable stainless steel chamber prolongs life and eliminates ultraviolet light degradation.
- Equipped with a 5-micron sediment pre-filter to reduce particles in the water.
- Equipped with a 5-micron carbon filter to reduce taste and odour of chlorine.
- High flow polypropylene filter housings (10“or 20“ options) with 1“ full flow connections.
- Solid steel mounting bracket, compact design
- Easy to install and maintain.
For more information or to see a demonstration of the UV Water Purifer, call Liam Chawke Electrical & Water Pumps at 069-64318 for more information. If you are worried that your well water supply is infected with bacteria such as E Coli, Cryptosporidium or Giardia, we recommend having a water test carried out.
Complete the Water Testing Service form and we will be in touch with more details.